I found this festive DIY manicure on thebeautydepartment.com. Enjoy!
- On clean nails, do a solid coat (or two thin coats) of white or off white polish.
- After the white polish dries, do one clear coat. The string will adhere to this so make sure it’s not too fast drying or too thin of a coat.
- Drape black string over the nail and let it loop as you see Lauren doing in the photo. Cut the string about 1/2 inch longer on each side of the nail. Don’t trim it down yet.
- Add a thin clear coat on top of the string to secure.
- Once that dries, trim the string down using cuticle nippers or small pointy scissors.
- Next is the fun part– adding your lights. Pick any colors you want!
- Last, do one coat of a quick drying clear polish.