TBD provides us with another great idea: keep all your hair supplies or makeup brushes in one chic place. Check out how below.
You will need: blue painter’s tape, paper towels, gloves, white flat spray paint, gold metallic spray paint, mason jars in various sizes… (a vintage shot glass was used for the bobbypin holder, but that’s optional.)
- Remove the lids from your mason jars.
- Put painter’s tape along the edge of a paper towel or two.
- Wrap the jar. For the first color, TBD wrapped the tape straight across.
- Tuck the excess paper towel inside the jar so no spray paint gets inside.
- Put your gloves on, go outside, put a piece of newspaper or cardboard down and spray your jar. TBD applied very thin layers of paint instead of one thick layer. It dries faster, won’t drip and gets better coverage.
- Remove the blue tape and paper towel after the first color dries completely.
- If you’re sure the first color is dry, wrap the jar with the tape + paper towel again, but this time in another direction. TBD did theirs diagonal.
- Put your gloves back on and go back outside. Spray the second color and wait for it to dry.
- Remove the tape when it’s dry and you’re done!