December is the perfect time to throw a festive bash for the holidays! I've gathered a few basic hostess tips and ideas that might inspire you to throw your own party this year.
1) Send out your invitations a couple weeks in advance. I love mail invitations but paperless are also a good choice.
2) Finger foods are always a crowd favorite and make it easier to please everyone without having to get everyone sitting down for a meal all at once.
3) Have a specialty drink such as Rock Candy Twizzle Stick Champagne. So pretty but still festive! You can find the recipe for it at www.thesweetoccasion.com. I would also recommend having a few crowd favorites as well, such as cider ale or punch.
4) Click here for some lovely holiday decor ideas. Also, try filling some apothecary jars full of Christmas candy such as peppermint, as well as placing some clean white votive candles around the house.
5) Last but not least, who doesn't love the old classics? Keep the mood festive with songs such as "Santa Baby," and "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause."