3.26.2012

Beauty Note: Nars Semi-Matte Lipstick in Heat Wave

Heat Wave Semi Matte Lipstick

Nars Heat Wave is a "modern semi-matte lipstick that provides full-bodied, velvety color in a highly pigmented and non-drying formula." It has a long-wearing, full-coverage finish, with a rich, vivid shade that has a patented blend of conditioners and antioxidants that hydrate, nourish, and protect lips.

I recently spotted this semi-matte lipstick at a Nars Cosmetics located in downtown Chicago, and absolutely fell in love. I had been on the search for the perfect orange-red color (also see my Loving this Look post about orange-red lips), so when I tested it with my skin color, I knew this was it. I didn't buy it at Nars right away, so of course it haunted me for days, and I eventually ended up purchasing it at narscosmetics.com for $24. Pricey, yes, but when I received it in the mail and tried it on, I can honestly say it was worth every penny. The lipstick itself looks more orange than red, but don't let that scare you. It's definitely highly-pigmented and goes on much more like a bright red with a touch of orange. It's absolutely perfect!
Overall, Nars Semi-Matte Lipstick in Heat Wave has a full-coverage finish with a vivid shade that is perfect for an eye-catching look, or even for a subtle pop of color. This shade looks gorgeous on all skin tones, and is officially my new go to lippy.


No comments:

Post a Comment